CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Baby shower album

Our friends daughter, whom I have watched grow up, is expecting her first child next month.  When I was invited to her baby shower, I really wanted to give her something special.  When thinking back to the gifts that I recieved for my baby showers, the only items I still have are a photo album and a calendar, the kind that has stickers and documents the firsts.  Since I didn't start scrapbooking until my youngest was 2, I didn't document everything that I should have or would have liked to have now that the kids are older.  I decided to do an 8x8 scrapbook of firsts for Megan.  These albums are a lot of work and take so much time to do.  However, Megan is really special.  Her family moved in down the road from us in our first house 16 years ago and we became instant friends.  10 years ago we decided to move and build out in the country, and they did the same, right next door to us.  They have since moved but we remain family and friends.  The long hours I put into this album are so totally worth it!

I used several Cricut cartridges on this album and really gave my Imagine machine a work out.  A lot of the papers are printed from the Imagine.  I used primarily Baby Steps, Hey Diddle Diddle, and Hopscotch. 

This first page was really the page that helped get me started.  It is a complete scraplift from a YouTube video that I saw.  I don't know who the gal is but if you search YouTube for Hey Diddle Diddle, she will probably come up.  The idea was totally hers except that I added the Announcing the Arrival of and the baby information strips at the bottom which I cut from a Nursery Tails image.  These are in no particular order.   If you have any questions on the rest of the pages, please leave a comment and I will answer.  Thanks for looking!



15 comments:

Sis Patterson

Such a lovely and thoughtful gift! I love how you planned it all out - it is beautiful and will be treasured!

Brenda

This is beautiful! And well worth all your hard efforts! It is a very thoughtful gift and I'm sure the mother to be will adore it and cherish it for a lifetime!

scootingranny

This is just too cute!! And what a special, special gift for a special friend!

cdm317

That is just so beautiful and incredibly thoughtful.

Maria

What a thoughtful gift! Something that will surely be treasured for years to come.

Unknown

Incredible! All the pages are beautiful & I love how you used the glitter throughout! I just became a follower, can't wait to check out the rest of your blog :)

http://candiscraps-scrapsofme.blogspot.com/

Carolyn/MamaC

What a fabulous album! All they have to do is add pictures and journaling! YOU ARE a special friend!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Karen S.

You did an awesome job with these! I'm sure your friend loved it! I'm hoping to make a similar album before my little one is born in April!

Valerie

Simply gorgeous!! You put so much time and effort into this project- it really shows!! I'm sure the new mom is going to absolutely love it!

L.B.

This is just so special and a wonderful gift to give a new MOM!!! I love this so much and can tell you put in a lot of time and effort to make it look for great..My favorite pages are the first smile and first Christmas. WONDERGUL

DEBORAH

Lovely album, you did an outstanding job.

Simply Sassy Scrapper

Wow, I love your blog! You have some beautiful work/creativity!! I'm a new follower thanks to Rockin'Renee's pledge on blogs! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Unknown

Omg! I love your scrapbooks pages! Super super !!!!

Rose

Such an awesome project! Love the colors and variety of themes you used.

Gail

nice layout

Post a Comment