CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 2, 2012

Funeral memorial board

Every now and then I find a post on one of the scrapbooking message boards about someone needing ideas for the memorial board that they were asked to make.  Tonight was one of those times so I thought I would post one of the boards I did here so that I can find it easier next time. 

My husbands grandmother passed away quite some time ago.  About 10 years ago.  I made the memorial board by pinning up scrapbook pages that I made onto a 3 sided display board.  After the service, we were able to make color copies for any family member that wanted one.  I did the same thing for his grandfather that passed away so we all have a nice memory album of the two.  I kept them both simple with same colors through out.  I don't have a good picture of his album but will try to get some to post to my blog as well.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer as best I can. 

6 comments:

Unknown

Very well done! You've created a wonderful way to remember a loved one & I like that other family members can take copies for themselves. I wish I had done something like this for my Grandfather. I'm sure all in attendance appreciated it. TFS.

Carolyn/MamaC

What a gorgeous board and such a labor of love! Thank you for taking the memorial board to a new level! Yours is perfect!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady

What a great memorial board. The family will love that you did this and will appreciate the love that went into creating this. TFS

Josie0602

Beautiful memorial board! I love the clean uncluttered look of it. I dont think I took photos of the one we made for my dad but I remember that it took us hours to do it...so emotional!
Tracy

Sukie

I'm popping over from the Circle blog to check out your blog! Your memorial board is very beautiful, what a wonderful way to celebrate and memorialize a loved one. I am so sorry for your loss. On a side note, I love your baby shower album, my brother and his wife are expecting their first baby in April, I may have to scraplift a few of those pages! Also, I am follower #50, congrats!

www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

scootingranny

Very touching. The colors are wonderful and it's a very special thing you did

Post a Comment