CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Pain

January 4, 2010 - Today I started down a healthier road. I started watching my diet, drinking water, and exercising. In the past I have always done Weight Watchers and stressed almost obsessively over the amount of points I was eating and calories I was burning. I think I got so into it that I burned myself out of it to the point that I can't stay on plan very long anymore. So, I have come up with a new plan for 2010. I started the Couch to 5K plan today and thought I would be able to make it thru day one with no problem. It's funny how a few extra pounds, that I put on while down most of last year with plantar fasciatis, will put you so much more out of shape. I only made it thru 16 minutes of day one but it is a start. It also didn't help that my treadmill is in a room that doesn't get heated well and the cold air along with the exercise set off my asthma, but I will make it and strive for 17 minutes tomorrow. Along with my exercising, I plan on eating smaller portions and concentrating on whole grains and less of the white foods category (white flour, sugar, carbs..). I am not counting calories or points unless I find that I absolutely have to. So today, my treadmill became my new best friend, so to speak, so I am making it my POTD.

5 comments:

~BridgetL~

Good for you. I officially started today too. I did 30 mins wanted to do 1 hr, but ran out of time before having to pick up kids, from procrastinating in the morning. Take each day as it comes. wishing you the best.

Nanne

I'm rooting for you.. I think this is the first new years that I actually made a point NOT to start dieting.. I've learned to be happy with myself as I am.. which wasn't easy.. I wish you the best of luck and cant wait to read of your progress..
YOU GO GIRL!! LOL
hugs
Nanné

Chirpin Is Fun

16 minutes today was more than you did yesterday! Keep going, if I can do it so can you!

Sandy from Ukiah

Keep up the good work Karen.. I am excited for you, can't wait to hear of those pounds dropping off.

debbieb

Very good, every minute counts

Post a Comment