I have heard about Project 365 over the past year and thought it sounded interesting. The idea is to take one photo a day and do a bit of journaling about it. Then you scrap it and put it in an album so at the end of the year you have a whole years worth of pictures to reflect on. These pictures aren't necessarily supposed to be big event happenings but the little day to day "life" pictures that don't normally get documented. Back in November, I heard about Becky Higgins bringing out a new kit just for this project. At first, I ordered it but then cancelled it as I have more than enough supplies to make my own. Also, I purchased a small point and shoot camera, which I totally love, to keep in my purse just for this project, since my other camera is a big Nikon dSLR which isn't so easy to carry around at all times. Many scrappers have created a separate blog, aside from their regular blog, to document their Project. I have decided to just use this blog since it wasn't getting much use anyways. ;)
I will not only post my POTD (picture of the day) here, but also my completed weekly pages that will go in my album. I am hoping to be able to successfully complete this program all year.
So here we go........
January 1, 2010 - I always try to watch the Tournament of Roses Parade every year. It is the only parade that we are actually home for and not traveling like the Macy's parade at Thanksgiving. This year, Tom went down to Brownsburg with his dad to go trapshooting and the kids and I stayed home and watched the entire parade. We had a very lazy and relaxing day.

January 2, 2010 - I received this snowman cookie jar from my nephews, Andy, Matt and Joey, this year for Christmas. I got it washed and all ready to be filled with cookies today. I have it sitting next to my favorite kitchen appliance that I splurged on last year and decided to include it in my POTD because I love it so much. Do you think it will be strange to leave a snowman cookie jar out all year? I don't know how I'm going to put it away!

January 3, 2010 - We took the Christmas tree down today. It is such a dreaded job, especially getting all of the needles off of the carpet with out clogging the vaccuum cleaner. The front room looks so bare and lonely now. As much as I loved having the tree up, it is still kind of nice to get some space back so that our Golden Retriever, who is laying in the bottom of this pic, can wag her tail with out the fear of un-decorating the tree.
Well, there you have it, the first three days of the year. Now.....to scrap them. ;)
Thanks for visiting!!
3 comments:
Great start to you project 365. I love the little snowman. :)
I love the snowman cookie jar too and I would leave him out...you are off to a super start.
Glad you started this project Karen. Love the snowman cookie jar. Those needles are a pain
Post a Comment